Friday, March 1, 2013

Backstage Pass

"When I am off the stage, my life consists of... well, dance. But a more... 'behind-the-scenes' way - the training, the stretching, the things to be done so to deliver for the audience. It's more than a way of life, it's a being." - J ♥

Everyone has a 'behind-the-scenes' life - one does not have to be a superstar to have that. Friends have the VIP backstage passes to our lives; certain friends and family have the VVIP backstage passes to another part of our lives ...
But it is only us selves that have that VVVVV(x 100)VIP backstage passes to THAT one specific part of our lives - outside of work, outside of nights out with friends, beyond the days you spend with friends and family: just you

This is where your 'Me' outfit comes in.

Your 'Me' outfit: just you, strolling down Soho or something, on a random day, without a specific place to arrive at, or any errands you need to tend to. Yes, those days we may usually call 'random' but in fact, is your backstage day; your SOLE/SOUL - SO(u)L(e) day. (see what I did there, BOOM!)
As mentioned previously in D-h's launch post, I stated that my personal style is that of anything I can dance in; dance-related. So, to go into more detail, ANYTHING to do with dance - aesthetically and functionally. For me, even when I'm not on the stage, I am constantly engaged with dance. 
So what's my SO(u)L(e) day/'Me' outfit like? 

Well, top, shorts and a selection of 'I-can-dance-in-them-shoes' shoes (which basically, are all my shoes). 
Shorts, I love shorts. God bless whoever it was that invented shorts. Even during winter, I'd just pair it with tights. It is indeed very casual, but for the 'behind-the-scenes' days, it is Godsend. 
With that, I can match it with many different tops, especially a top that I LOVE, recently discovered and bought, and actually have not been worn yet as I was waiting to showcase it on D-h first, so here it is!
Shorts: Blue Asphalt
Top: b + ab
Tights: Market! ;)
Shoes: Converse
Usually, I would opt for two rings - on my right thumb and index - to match many of my SO(u)L(e) day outfits, and usually it'll either be the silver pair as seen in the picture above, or my gold pair. (I LOVE RINGS!) Aside from that, no other accessories - bare minimum get up (and makeup). 
Think... Bruno Mars' song 'Lazy Song' - that should be all our official SO(u)L(e) song (lol, no pressure. Not that we're lazy or anything, it's just so... soulful!). 

Though if you're one that'd like to add more glam to your SO(u)L(e) day outfits, be sure to have a read through T's 'Biglamous' post from last week to check out how to glam up any simple (like, seriously simple) getups!

So beyond the stage we are on called 'Daily Life'; the VIP-est of VIP backstage passes to our lives that which only we solely own, what is YOUR 'Me' outfit? 

Tweet us (dashionhime) or Instagram us (@dashion_hime) your snapshots and we'll hoist your SO(u)L(e) outfits onto the
limelight! [ ... and whilst you are at it, might as well give us a follow! ;)] 

♥ "It's all about how you put it together" - J x


P.S. Have you guessed Cycle 2's theme yet? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment