Friday, February 22, 2013

Biglamous


There was once a time when we were eager to grow up so we can wear all those pretty dresses we see celebrities do on TV. I don't know about you, but I have definitely tried my mommy's heels that were way to big for my little feet.
 
I think it is a misconception that "glamorous" means those night gowns we see celebrities were walking down the big carpet. We can be glamorous anytime, anywhere! With a little effort, we could look like we have spent hours putting our look together. To be an A-class woman, lets remember three As: Accessorize, Adventurous and Attitude.

 
 
My outfit here is just a simple white tank top from Cotton On and black studded leggings from Urban Behavior.  This combination is as plain and boring as it could possibly. I look like I could probably sleep comfortably in it too. Now, with our first A, simply accessorizing the outfit would completely change the look.


Accessories work like magic, they are abe to dramatize an outfit. If you do not want to be TOO glamorous, be sure that you pick only one big accessory only. Here I have chosen to use a big gold necklace and a thin red and gold belt.

  
 
My second A is to be Adventurous. All glamorous outfits have some kind of BOLD element to it. I have chosen a jacket that has leather sleeves to make my outfit more interesting.  Together with the combination of all the accessories, I have created my glam outfit.
 
 
 
Finally our last A: attitude. What we wear changes how we feel about ourselves, which affects how we carry ourselves and in return how people see us.  If you are confident in what you are wearing, it will show through attitude.
 
 
 
It is a girl's nature to want to look their best.  Dressing up makes us feel more confident about ourselves and actually end up having a better day! When I first went away for university, I was homesick and depressed. I started slacking and wearing the most comfortable things only and begin feeling like a bum. My mother's wise words to me was:
"Put some make up on, dress up a little. You will feel better."
Lesson learnt! You dress like a bum, you feel like a bum and you end up acting like a bum.  So girls, if you or any of your girlfriends are depressed, try having a few friends over and do a makeover, even if you don't have anywhere to go. It's fun to dressup with your friends, put makeup on each other and do silly things once in a while.


If you have time and you want to add dynamics to the outfit, you could curl your hair. I have chosen loose curls for a more sophisticated and fun look. Now you are ready to show the world your glam look!


Let's recap on my three As:
 
Accessories: Pick one big accessory for the outfit for a glamorous but not over the top look. Gold necklace from Forever 21, Thin red and gold waist belt from Forever 21, Agnes B handbag,
 
Adventurous:  Be BOLD! Black leather sleeve jacket from Danier, studded leggings from Urban Behavior and no brand studded flats.
 
Attitude:  Stand back straight, be proud of who you are!

That's it for this week! Show us what you have put together to glam up your simple outfit! Hashtag us #dashionhime on instagram, follow us for updates :)

Twitter: @dashionhime
Instagram: @dashion_hime


♥ "It's all about how you put it together" - T

No comments:

Post a Comment