Friday, March 22, 2013

Lace love

In this cycle, there are a lot of birthdays of people I know coming up, including my own :). So we are going to be doing some birthday ideas! 
 
There are going to be a few changes starting from this cycle. Our dear K has to leave us, but there is still J and myself to keep this going! Now because we have K's slot open, we are going to have a week where we feature designs that are inspired by the cycle! If you have some good designs that you want us to feature on the blog, you can email it to us on dashion.hime@gmail.com or hashtag us on instagram for #dashionhime! You can also see some of our own!
 
Now to begin with, to my dear childhood buddy, Julian,
 
a big fat HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 
I love birthday parties, it's a chance to dress up, get together and have fun with your friends. Birthday parties are always way more fun with your closest friends.  Now put on a mask with your best friend and you will do crazy things.
 
"We all have a social mask, right? We put it on, we go out, put our best foot forward, our best image.  But behind that social mask is a personal truth , what we really, really believe about who we are and what were capable of." - Phil McGraw

I agree with Phil McGraw, we all act a certain way when we are with people. Only a few people in our lives can really see us be ourselves at all times and usually those are the people who love and care about you the most.


J has been one of my best friends since I was eight, when I'm with her I definitely strip away my social mask. Only when you are with people who you are very comfortable with, you can be yourself completely. Even if you are acting like a complete fool, you know they will love you because you are just being you.

 

Masquerade theme parties are always fun, it adds a sense of mysterious and excitement when everyone is wearing their mask! You can be anyone you want to be, a beautiful stranger.  We are all braver behind a mask because it's like a protection of our identity. We can do things that we never would without a mask.  Hence the previous statement of doing crazy things with your best friend as you know they will prompt you to go futher than you would.
 
 

For this idea, I have decided to draw my own lace mask to match a lace outfit. It is quite simple to do and definitely a lot of fun if you enjoy a little bit of art. All I used was a black eyeliner to draw the designs for Me and J. At the end I dabbed some black eye shadow over it to make it look like a see through layer of fabric. For my lips I used the same YSL Rouge Laque in Enchant me to add some colour to the outfit.
 
 

I matched it with a lace dress I got when I was in Vancouver this February.  It is from Urban Behavior. In our first blog Passion for Dashion I have mentioned in my short introduction that I love lace because it could be classy, sexy and fun :) The dress that J wore was also featured by me in her blog Wherefore art thou, mon amour?

 
 
We are both wearing high heels from Steve Madden. High heels are the best inventions ever. It just elongates your legs and make them look so much more nicer. J's patterned heels were previously featured in Be strong, Juliet . 

  
 
With this look, you are now ready to attend a masquerade party and have a blast with your best friends! And here's a little sneak peak of how I really am when I am with people I am close with :)
 
 
 
 
Next week we have J's blog coming up! Don't forget to follow us on twitter: @dashionhime and instagram: @dashionhime for updates!
 
♥ "It's all about how you put it together" - T

No comments:

Post a Comment