Saturday, March 30, 2013

Chuffin' 'ell, I 'av nowt t'wear!

We have ALL been there at one point or another: 
"Oh my God, what do I wear to attend (Insert name here)'s birthday party/celebration??"
Even as children, we had to make that life-changing decision of dressing up as Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella; or as Wolverine or Batman.

This post was actually collectively inspired by my friends. Of course, it is T's birthday soon (April 5th *hint hint* lol). It was also inspired by her as, well, being a girl; my best friend in Malaysia; and my girls back in England.

There always came a SPECIAL time (most of the time, if not every time), when we were facing a closetful of outfits, yet had NOTHING to wear. Yes ladies (and gents!), I am sure you know that feeling very well!

And so, as the (modern) saying goes: "We gotta do what we gotta do!" - and shopping time it shall be.

(Editor's note: It is Causeway Place, not Causeway Plaza!)


This was my dance day-cum-shopping day outfit: the skirt is easily taken off and the top was my dance top previously featured on "Backstage Pass"

Initially, I thought I would end up scouting around many places, but I actually only went to two places: Cotton On in Central and Causeway Place in Causeway Bay. Here are some outfit selections from Cotton On:




  

I especially LOVE the polka-dot skirt! I find that patterns are a great way to spice up an outfit/look and if paired with heels, either one of these outfits would be a good birthday party/celebration outfit (although it is leaning towards the more casual end of the line!)

So after leaving Cotton On in Central, I ended up at Causeway Bay and also, shop-spotting (you know, when you spot something and instinctively know that it is perfect and all that jazz) in Causeway Place and Causeway Place only! The first, were the heels:

I came across this shop called 'HiHeel' at the place and it instantly drew me in:



Somehow, the shop just spelled out: "There's something for you" the moment you set eyes upon it - and indeed I did!

The sales member, Jason, was very lovely as well! He noted my favourite style/colour etc. of heels and recommended to me a selection of heels for me to try and choose from. Most importantly, they accommodate for 'larger' shoe sizes here than the average UK 5 shoe size that you normally find in independent shops!

The service is exceptionally personalized and friendly and within 10 minutes I have found my perfect shoes. (And a good deal with it as well!) Another point to note is that you know they are quality the moment you try on the heels - if you don't, experiment with the different price range of shoes, take note of the 'sensation' when you wear it and move it around and you would come to recognize the shoe's quality. (Although it isn't always necessarily the case for the more expensive shoe to be the better one! It is all about individuality with that shoe!)

I definitely look forward to returning in the near future to get more heels and will be featured on Dashion. If you are interested in taking a trip there or finding more about HiHeel, here are some details:
"If you are looking for something funky, wicked, unique heel; than you have come to the  right place. We hand pick all the finest shoes around the world, just for you to choose from and if you have any enquiry, please do drop us a line on our facebook "https://www.facebook.com/causewayplace.hiheel" or can reach us on whatsapp +852 6685 6582 as well. 
Happy shopping my Lady. Cheers" (Edited)
146, 1/F Causeway Place
1-1L Yee Wo Street
Causeway Bay, HK.

+852 3116 9993 or WhatsApp: +852 66856582


So what are the shoes like? *Drum roll*

My beautiful Gianmarco Lorenzi heels that fit like heaven and is actually a variegated version of a pair of heels I used to have (with the glitter and all that!)

The best bit of this pair of the heels is the heel shape itself. It is subtly caving inwards but it makes all the difference and it is just so. damn. beautiful!


So as you may have come to know in the video, the shoes were ever-so-slightly over-budget therefore I was reconsidering about getting an outfit and using what I (don't) have in my closet. HOWEVER, it was destiny to get lost whilst trying to leave Causeway Place ...

I came across this corner shop called 'Babylon' and what caught my eye was this:
"MAX MAX MAX MAX MAX SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE .."
I kid you not.

 So I went in and looked at the sales rack, hoping to find a dress (and at the same time, hoping not to so I don't go even more over-budget) and what happens? I found it.



I was in love. The red-black colour combination and lace sleeves and top lining it. *swoon*

I didn't even manage to try it on and I knew I had to have it (Though, it is NOT recommended to do what I did! Always try on your outfits before buying them - it is one thing to spot them and another to wear them).










When I got back to T's place, I experimented with various accessories and had a further choice of using a thin, black waist belt or my black furry scarf. 




 It has been a great day shopping and finding my perfect outfit for a birthday celebration party. Especially with my new heels! (which, honestly, was actually my main priority for the shopping trip - a good pair of heels could make whole lot of difference to any outfit!)

So if you had nowt t'wear, what would YOU do? :)

Tweet or Instagram us (@DashionHime) your shopping successes (especially heels! lol) and we will feature them on our Twitter/IG pages! Also, don't forget to follow us for more Dashion love to come soon!



♥ "It's all about how you put it together" - J x

No comments:

Post a Comment