Saturday, April 27, 2013

It's a girl thing

Dear all, 

I am just going to say it out loud and admit it. 

I'm a shopaholic. There, I said it. 

I went on a shopping spree today for my upcoming trip to Kota Kinabalu.  Initially I just planned to have lunch and go watch Iron Man 3 with my boyfriend, which by the way was really good. But since we had two hours in between lunch and movie, my dear boyfriend suggested we go shopping for our upcoming trip. At my three most favourite places - Cotton On, H&M and Zara. 

I walked into Cotton On and all hell broke loose. 

I was on a mission and there was no stopping me! After spending nearly an hour in the store, I walked out with my prizes and $1,000+ less in my bank account.  Here I was thinking "Okay, I am done for today." But the second I walked into H&M, that thought was out the window. Finally after another hour, it was almost time for the movie, and my boyfriend thought it'd be best to keep me out of Zara since I spent another $1,000 in H&M.

Nonetheless, I love all the stuff I bought today and I keep saying, its not JUST for the trip, some of the things I can wear for work too! So it will be worth it :) But below are a few outfits that I have purchased for my vacation.

 This blue denim dress is from Zara. I love the details of the dress at the back. It is simple yet classy! 





This black tiger sleeveless caught my eye the minute I walked into H&M. It could be paired with leggings. 




This top is from Zara and the shorts are from Cotton On. This outfit is going to be perfect for the summer heat in Kota Kinabalu.

 I love this long floral dress from Cotton On, the fabric is light and comfortable. The length of this dress elongates your entire body and make you look longer, hence taller and leaner. 

 The top and skirt are both from H&M. The top is just a basic tank for like 30 bucks. The skirt is silky with a tribal pattern.  I decided to pair it this way for a more casual and light look. It also says "I'm ready for my vacation!!"


This comes to the end of my shopping spree. For this week. I hope. But hey! Loving clothes and shopping is just a girl thing! "Discover the joy of shopping and you will find happiness." says the shopaholic. On a serious note, to be able to buy something that you really like when it is affordable or unbelievably cheap, is really satisfying.  I once went to Cotton On to buy a blazer, thinking its like $200. When I got to the cashier, turns out it was on sale for $25!! That kind of satisfaction just cannot be explained. Anyhow, you now have a glimpse of me being a shopaholic.  Shop-away dashionistas!

Follow us on twitter: @dashionhime and instagram:@dashionhime for more updates! Also hashtag us at #dashionhime if you want to show us anything or be featured! Happy weekend :)

♥ "It's all about how you put it together" - T

No comments:

Post a Comment